Pick up a plate of Jollof rice and Chicken /$5 ONLY w/ your SBB Card!!
Here's the recipe- this would serve four:
- 5 cups of parboiled rice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 8oz can tomato paste
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Large Bell Pepper
- Habanera pepper
- Chicken or Beef stock
- Bouillon, curry powder and salt!
- Parboil the rice in a pot for about 5 minutes. Once the rice is parboiled, wash the starch out of the rice and set rice aside.
- Heat up oil in pot, dice the onion and pour into oil. Stir and let fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, stir, and let fry for about 3 minutes.
- Blend bell pepper, habanera pepper and stir into tomato paste on stove. Allow to cook together while stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Add the bouillon cube and curry powder and desired spices with salt to taste, stir and let cook for another 5 minutes. Stir frequently to avoid stew getting burnt at the bottom of the pot.
- Add beef or chicken stock, stir together and let cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the parboiled rice and stir gently. Lower heat, cover pot and let cook for about 15 minutes while frequently checking for the softness of the rice and topping with remaining stock until cooked.
Don't forget, Eat local at the best West African dinning in Central Ohio here @ The Intercontinental Restaurant, Enjoy!